Software FX Community

Printing - Scaling the Report

jaw36

Is there a way to have the report scale properly no matter what page size is chosen by the user?

My graph uses the same area on the paper regardless of what paper size is chosen.  The border and legend are adjusted properly, but the graph stays the same size.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

1) Are you using the .NET Client control?

2) How are you printing the chart? From the toolbar? If you print the chart from the toolbar it should take the whole page.

3) Please attach an image with the printout to make sure I'm understanding you correctly.

4) make sure you are using the latest service pack available from our support site. I remember a bug long time ago that looked like this.

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" />1)  I am rendering the chart as a .NET object2)  I am printing the chart from the toolbar3)  How do I upload an image?  I don't have a public facing server to link to.4)  I just reinstalled the software less than a week ago, and I installed it   from a link that was supplied by your support department.

<chartfx7:Chart ID="Chart1" runat="server" DataSourceID="dsChartInfo" Height="850px" Width="1100px" RandomData-Series="2" RenderFormat="Auto" ImageSettings-Sizeable="True"> <Series> <chartfx7:SeriesAttributes Text="Downtime" /> <chartfx7:SeriesAttributes Text="Frequency" /> </Series> <AllSeries Gallery="Bar" PointLabels-BackColor="Transparent" PointLabels-BorderColor="Transparent"   PointLabels-Visible="True"> </AllSeries> <SpecialObjects><chartfx.webforms.galleries.bar></chartfx.webforms.galleries.bar></SpecialObjects> <ToolBar Visible="True" /> <LegendBox ContentLayout="Near"> <Titles><chartfx7:TitleDockable Font="Arial, 8pt, style=Underline" Text="Legend" /></Titles> </LegendBox> <AxisX LabelAngle="90"></AxisX></chartfx7:Chart> 

It produces the same results whether I use RenderFormat="Auto" or RenderFormat=".NET"

In the code behind, all I am doing is setting the orientation to landscape, setting margins, adding some titles, and removing some items from the toolbar

Thanks DanielL_550, my only concern is that last week I installed the service pack and it broke everything (print button didn't work at all)... I contacted support and they had me remove everything and install from an executable they gave me. ???

Archived