Software FX Community

Chart Control does not appear in Toolbox

jhantony4

Hi,

I am using VS 2005 as a development environment and ChartFx for .Net 6.2 for charting. I am not able to see the chart control in the toolbox in VS 2005 even after I added the reference to chartfx. Any help is this regard is appreciated.

Thanks,

Hermus

To get the chart control in the toolbox you must right-click in the toolbox, select "Choose Items" and add the Chart class, note that you may see 2 Chart classes (one for WinForms and one for WebForms).

Regards,

JuanC

Thanks JuanC! I am able to add the control for Web form in the toolbox now. But when I try to drag and drop the control in my Web form, I am getting the following error.

Error Rendering Control - Chart1

An unhandled exception has occurred.

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Any idea how to resolve this issue?

Note: I am using VS 2005 as development environment and I have Chartfx for .Net 6.2 installed in my computer.

Thanks for your help,

Hermus

The OS that I am using is Windows XP.

The error message that I am getting is "Error Rendering Control - Chart1 An unhandled exception has occurred. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation". It does not say any specific exception. Please note that I am using 'ChartFx for .Net 6.2' version and my development environment is Microsoft VS 2005.

• 2 months later...

Archived