Software FX Community

SecurityException in Webforms

akcpe

About half of my users have been experiencing the error message displayed in the attached file informing the user Internet Explorer had an error, and will close.  Upon further investigation I found that a System.Security.SecurityException was being thrown when loading the ChartFX ActiveX control.  For the affected users, this only happens the first time the page loads, and it does not error if IE is reopened immediately.  I still cant find any system differences, or trust setting differences among the computers involved.  Is there any way I can catch this exception, or find out the root cause?

Thanks,

Adam 

We have had this problem on and off for a long time, been in support many times.  It affects about 10% of our users.  At one time we were able to cure it with the much hated client install (MSI method for trust settings) described somewhere on the site.  Now it is back in Vista.  Only now when the users restart it happens over and over.

We have an open support incident and I'm on hold right now...

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Security.SecurityException' occurred in mscorlib.dllAdditional information: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

This problem appears to go away if cg 1.2 (intranet) is set to FullTrust. However most of my users do not have administrative access to change this option.

System.Security.SecurityException was unhandled

Message="Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed."

Source="mscorlib"

StackTrace:

at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet)

at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)

at ChartFX.NetIEClient.Chart.b(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)

at System.Drawing.ImageAnimator.ImageInfo.OnFrameChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Drawing.ImageAnimator.ImageInfo.set_Frame(Int32 value)

at System.Drawing.ImageAnimator.AnimateImages50ms()

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Ok. I got it. Thank you for this info !

I did find the cause of the problem (thanks to your stack trace) and we have fixed the problem.

The problem was intermittent because it was dependent on how long it took to download the chart data. The problem only happened when the request took longer than 2 secs. and was related to an animation that we display while downloading the chart contents.

Again, thank you for giving us the information we needed to fix the problem. This is the kind of problem that is very hard to find when you don't know where to look.

Please contact SFX Support to get access to a HotFix that contains this change. It should be available tomorrow.

• 1 year later...

Archived