Software FX Community

pie chart click event handling

grom

Question #1

I have a pie char with 3 pieces. I bind a datatable with 3 rows each representing a piece of tie pie chart. When the pie chart is click, i would like to print out the row column values that correspond to the piece of the piechart that was clicked. I see a click event but the args are generic. Do you expose an event that gives me args that expose what piece of the pie was click and the part of the resultset that made up that piece of the pie?

Can I do this with version 6.2?

Can I do this with the lite version?

Question #2

How can I reposition the piechart legend to the bottom of the chart control?

Can I do this with version 6.2?

Can I do this with the lite version?

Thanks Glenn

> Question #1:

Check out the MouseDown event. In the arguments you have all the information you need, namely the Series and Point (slice) index which you can use to retrieve any other information about that point (slice).

> Question #2

chart1.LegendBoxObj.Docked = Docked.Bottom;

> Can I do this with the lite version?

Not with the Lite version, yes with 6.2 and Chart FX for VS 2005 (7.0)

> Question #1:

The mousedown event only gets raised when I right mouse click. Why wont this raise with a left mouse click?

I have a datatable that I bind to the chart. It has 3 rows with 2 columns. Column 1 is the label and column 2 is the value. When a pice of the pie chart is clicked I would like to retrieve the row that corresponds to the piece of the pie. With the point and series props how would i do this? Also how about doing the same thing when an item (the item that corresponds to the piece chart piece) on the legend is clicked?

chartfx.txt

Archived