Software FX Community

Custom indicator

praemium

> An extensibility mechanism allowing developers to calculate custom indicators and display them either as a technical or price indicator.

I'd like to write a custom indicator, actually just a slow stochastics, and the line above suggest that I could but I can't find my way to any documentation that detail how to do it.

Please point me in the right direction.

Thank you for contacting SoftwareFX. In regards to what you are trying to accomplish, we actually provide a fully working sample for WinForms and WebForms that will aid you in this. You can either go to C:\Program Files\ChartFX for Visual Studio 2005\Help and Samples\Sample Applications and under the WinForm and WebForm folders, you will find the Custom Studies Sample Project.

You may also open the Samples and Resource Center (Documentation installed with the product) and under Programmer's Guide and Samples, expand the Chart FX Extensions node, expand the Chart FX Financial node, expand the Extensibility node, and finally under Sample Applications you will find the Custom Studies Sample.

Archived