Software FX Community

RE: Generation error

Software FX

Description 

When generating static images ChartFX IE uses a separate COM component that actually writes the specified image file to disk. These errors are usually generated when the image generators was not registered properly. (SfxImgSky.dll if using ChartFX IE 3.5, SfxJpegWt.dll and SfxPngWt.dll if using ChartFX IE 2000)

Resolution

- Check for the existence of the Microsoft Component Category Manager COMCAT.DLL in your WinNT\System32 folder, if the file is not there you should be able to find it in other computers

- Register COMCAT.DLL using the following command

C:\WinNT\System32>regsvr32 ComCat.dll

- Check for the existence of the image Generators ("WinNT\System32" if using CfxIE 3.5, "\Program Files\Common Files\Software FX Shared" if using CfxIE 2000, if the file(s) is(are) not there you will need to reinstall the ChartFX IE server components.

- Register the image generators using the regsvr32 command

C:\WinNT\System32>regsvr32 SfxImgSky.dll

or

C:\WinNT\System32>regsvr32 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Software FX Shared\SfxJpegWt.dll

C:\WinNT\System32>regsvr32 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Software FX Shared\SfxPngWt.dll

You can also download a troubleshooting DLL called CfxIEChecker from our support site, this component will check these and other errors.

Regards,

Juan Cegarra

Software FX, Inc.

http://support.softwarefx.com

-----Original Message-----

Posted At: Wednesday, November 17, 1999 9:25 AM

Posted To: Server

Conversation: Generation error

Subject: Generation error

hi,

i have this message on the client computer when i call a chart.

CFX61B1. Image Generation Error [3000].

The files created in the cfxtemp directory don't have any extension (.chw)

and their size is 0K

Could you tell me why ?

Description 

When generating static images ChartFX IE uses a separate COM component that actually writes the specified image file to disk. These errors are usually generated when the image generators was not registered properly. (SfxImgSky.dll if using ChartFX IE 3.5, SfxJpegWt.dll and SfxPngWt.dll if using ChartFX IE 2000)

Resolution

- Check for the existence of the Microsoft Component Category Manager COMCAT.DLL in your WinNT\System32 folder, if the file is not there you should be able to find it in other computers

- Register COMCAT.DLL using the following command

C:\WinNT\System32>regsvr32 ComCat.dll

- Check for the existence of the image Generators ("WinNT\System32" if using CfxIE 3.5, "\Program Files\Common Files\Software FX Shared" if using CfxIE 2000, if the file(s) is(are) not there you will need to reinstall the ChartFX IE server components.

- Register the image generators using the regsvr32 command

C:\WinNT\System32>regsvr32 SfxImgSky.dll

or

C:\WinNT\System32>regsvr32 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Software FX Shared\SfxJpegWt.dll

C:\WinNT\System32>regsvr32 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Software FX Shared\SfxPngWt.dll

You can also download a troubleshooting DLL called CfxIEChecker from our support site, this component will check these and other errors.

Regards,

Juan Cegarra

Software FX, Inc.

http://support.softwarefx.com

-----Original Message-----

Posted At: Wednesday, November 17, 1999 9:25 AM

Posted To: Server

Conversation: Generation error

Subject: Generation error

hi,

i have this message on the client computer when i call a chart.

CFX61B1. Image Generation Error [3000].

The files created in the cfxtemp directory don't have any extension (.chw)

and their size is 0K

Could you tell me why ?

Attachments.zip

Archived