Software FX Community

Compatibility of WinForm chart exports to other ChartFX components

AxelisAlex

Hi, 

Great to see that ChartFX 8 has finally gone live!

A few things that we are wondering, and would be awesome if these can be answered.

• How compatible is the exported files from ChartFX7 in binary be compatible to the new one? I have tried using ChartFX8 to import the files but they dont seem to work, not even a message or exception.

• For ChartFX8, will I be able to use the exported files corss platformed? e.g. Saving a binary file in Winform, importing into Webforms. If so, will there be ay differences? I've tried using ChartFX7 and there are some inconsistencies.

• So far I have seen no downloadable Extensions for ChartFX8, such as Statistical and Financial or OLAP. Are they going to be released soon? Or am I missing the link? 
Thanks in advance, and looking forward to using ChartFX8! Seems great so far!

Hi Alex, I hope you have a good time using the new ChartFX 8. Regarding your questions:

1. Unfortunately, the ChartFX7 exported files are not compatible with the new ChartFX8.

2. ChartFX8 supports cross platform export/import without any problem.

3. Extensions are not currently available, and I cannot give you the exact date they will be. I can just say it will be soon.

Regards,

Steven Walker 

Thanks for the prompt reply Steven! Finding it great so far!

With your reply, it clears a lot of things we were not sure of. I guess we can start working with ChartFX8 now!

Just another quick question, where if I were to export ChartFX8 charts, in whichever format, would it be possible to import it into, let's say, the mobile versions, or WPF, or even the jChartFX? Just wondering, or should I export it entirely different?

I guess now is the time to start exploring and wait for the extensions! Can't wait to get my hands on them. :D

Thanks again, Steven.

Hi Alex, for now ChartFX8 import/export does not work with other components. The only thing you can do to interact with jChartFX or WPF would be exporting it as Text, and then you can use that text file as the datasource for other components. You would have to manually set the chart properties like Gallery, PointAttributes, LegendBox, etc.