Software FX Community

New Installation (ChartFX7) No Feed?

alphaman1101

Ive done some searching on this, but unfortunently all the "Fixes" seem to break it more. 

Im Using ASP.net with C# programming. They work absolutly great with the development platform but killed when they hit the production. (I am using trials for the moment)

Posted Image 

There should Be two charts listed here (highlighted in yellow) one above and below the bar. But as you can see there is nothing.

My Current ASP.net webconfig:

" <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
  For more information on how to configure your ASP.NET application, please visit
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=169433
  -->
<configuration>
  <connectionStrings>
  <!-- witheld-->
  </connectionStrings>
  <system.web>
  <compilation defaultLanguage="c#" targetFramework="4.0">
  <assemblies>
<!-- witheld-->
  </assemblies>
  </compilation>
  <authentication>
  <forms loginUrl="~/Account/Login.aspx" timeout="2880" />
  </authentication>
  <membership>
  <providers>
  <clear />
  <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" connectionStringName="ApplicationServices" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" requiresUniqueEmail="false" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="6" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" passwordAttemptWindow="10" applicationName="/" />
  </providers>
  </membership>
  <profile>
  <providers>
  <clear />
  <add name="AspNetSqlProfileProvider" type="System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider" connectionStringName="ApplicationServices" applicationName="/" />
  </providers>
  </profile>
  <pages controlRenderingCompatibilityVersion="3.5" clientIDMode="AutoID" />
  </system.web>
  <system.webServer>
  <modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true" />
  <handlers>
  <add name="ChartFX" path="ChartFX.aspx" verb="*" type="ChartFX.Pss.HttpHandler,ChartFX.Pss.HttpHandler" resourceType="Unspecified" preCondition="integratedMode" />
  </handlers>
  </system.webServer>
</configuration>

"

The service on the server is started, there is a virtual directory inside of my web application, and the image source tage are pointing to the correct folder (pss, not temp). When i did the testing to directly get the image i get the 500 error. I did install the application on the server with administrator credentials. I am not sure i can convince my CEO to go through with the 2700$ quote from ChartFX untill i can show him working charts

This issue was resolved. Everyhing setting up was fine. But due to some data that was left due to debugging (Works in 6.0 but not 7? Why cant the installer detect the version and put the correct type in?) http://support.softwarefx.com/ShowArticle.aspx?Type=KB&Source=http://support.softwarefx.com/kb/762/1/035.htm&Product=CfxNet70 fixes the issue