Software FX Community

Highlighting help

glicktomer

Hi, what i'm trying to do is like this :

I got a grid with some columns, and a chart side to it , the chart is showing division between the people in the grid 

someone1   value1

someone2 value2

exc..

i want to highlight in the chart the relevant part of the pie that got the same value as the selected row , what i don't know is how to find that part at runtime

Posted Image

Thanks ahead

tomer

The way to achieve what you want is with the following code:

chart1.Highlight.HighlightItem(

this, new SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Base.HighlightEventArgs(SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Base.HighlightModes.Point,vSeries, vPoint));

Where vSeries is the series that you want to be highlighted (for Pie charts is 0) and vPoint is the specific point of the chart that you want to highlight (in this case, is the value that you get from your grid)

Please try the above code and let me know if it works for you.

Hi , thanks

I have already figured it out just the same as you wrote :-)

only i had to find the preticular one to highlight and it was a little challange but i did like this (if it looks fishy please tell me):

chartPie.OpenData(COD.Values, 0, ((DataTable)chartPie.DataSource).Rows.Count + 1);

string name = GetEmpName(}

int j = 0;

while (j < ((DataTable)chartPie.DataSource).Rows.Count)

{

if (chartPie.Legend[j] == name)

{

chartPie.Highlight.HighlightItem(this.chartPie, new HighlightEventArgs(SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Base.HighlightModes.On | SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Base.HighlightModes.Marker | SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Base.HighlightModes.Dimmed | SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Base.HighlightModes.PointChange | SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Base.HighlightModes.SeriesChange | SoftwareFX.ChartFX.Base.HighlightModes.AttributeChange, 0, j));

break;

}

j++;

}

chartPie.CloseData(COD.Values);