Software FX Community

Clearing a Constant Line

rhswain

I have a chart with two constant lines that I create with OpenDataEx COD_CONSTANTS 2I can clear both lines by using ClearData CD_CONSTANTLINESBut what if I want to clear just one line while leaving the other visible?I have tried setting the Value of one line to CHART_HIDDEN, but that makes the line appear at the bottom of the Y axis!  I can set the value to -99999, which does hide the line, but I am uncomfortable with that "solution" since my real data might include -99999.Is there a clean way to clear/hide just one constant line? 

Also...  Another question about a Constant Line:  If I have a chart with both a bar chart and a Constant Line, is it possible to have the Line appear "under" the bars of the bar chart?  Right now, my Line appears "on top" of the bars.  Can the "Z-order" be changed?

Thanks in advance for any help on this. 

Yes, I know I should upgrade, but...

Hi,The ShowLine property aAllows you to show or hide a constant line in the chart. However, please note that when you hide a constant line using this property, any text associated with the line will remain in the chart. You can use the ShowText property to show or hide the constant line text.Chart1.ConstantLines(0).ShowLine = FalseAs for your second question, I am afraid that would not be possible since this is by design.Regards,RandyJ

• 2 months later...

Hi,

In Chart FX 5.x, you can delete a constant line from the chart just by making it invisible. For the look of the chart I'm assuming you are using Chart FX 5.x, the code to hide a constant line is:

ChartFX1.ConstantLine(0).Style = ChartFX1.ConstantLine(0).Style Or CC_HIDE

ChartFX1.Refresh

Regards,

RandyJ