Software FX Community

Bar Graph x-axis text to legend? only 1 series

jamaljna

Hi,

The result set used for my bar graph only produces 1 series. But I want each value on the x-axis to be represented in the legend instead of being all grouped under the name of series 0. Is there a way to do this?

For example, my query returns

FruitGroup Count------------- --------- Apples   10Grapes   2

But instead of "Apples" and "Grapes" showing up in legend box,  I only get "FruitGroup", with both Apples and Graphes represented in the same color in the graph (I know I can use Multiple Colors option to fix this part).

Thanks

Whenever you set MultipleColors to true, the legendbox displays the Axis X Labels. So I think you get the desired effects just by doing that.

DataTable table1 = new DataTable("Test");

table1.Columns.Add(

"FruitGroup", System.Type.GetType("System.String"));table1.Columns.Add("Count", System.Type.GetType("System.Double"));

table1.Rows.Add(

new object[] { "Apples", 10 });table1.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Grapes", 2 });

chart1.DataSourceSettings.Fields.Add(

new FieldMap("FruitGroup", FieldUsage.Label));chart1.DataSourceSettings.Fields.Add(new FieldMap("Count", FieldUsage.Value));

chart1.DataSource = table1;

chart1.Gallery =
Gallery.Bar;

chart1.AllSeries.MultipleColors =

true;

---

Andre G

• 8 months later...

The thread you linked to is for Chart FX for Client Server 5.1. This thread is for Chart FX for Reporting Services. I am assuming you want the solution for Client Server, since there is no API in Chart FX for Reporting Services. I will reply on the correct forum.

• 3 years later...

Hi Andre,

I also wnat help in my another issue.

In my application(Same Chart) I am using Series 0 as Bar chart and Series 1 For Line Chart.

but problem is my points of line charts (i.e. values) gets hidden by Bar chart means it goes behind the Bar Chart.

and if I add the line Series[0].SendToBack() then the tooltip of the Bars show wierd data (i.e tooltip shows PC instead of showing %)

Plz reply fast if possible as I need urgent help on this.

Thanking u in Advance.

Regards

Sunil