Software FX Community

Does ChartFx for Reporting Serivces work with SQL Reporting Services 2008?

Endelm

Hi,

Currently, there are some compatibility issues between Chart FX and SQL 2008 that our development team is tryng to resolve. We will indeed make Chart FX for Reporting serices compatible with SQL 2008. I invite you to please continue to check our website for announcements. We expect to make this available in the next few weeks.

Regards,

TT

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My company was about to order a ChartFX license for Reporting Services, but if it doesn't support 2008 soon we can't use it.  I'm concerned that an estimate of a few weeks has turned into three months and there is no indication here of an imminent release.  Is it possible at this point to specify a "not later than" date that is more realistic?

• 2 months later...

Please note that Chart FX for Reporting Services is designed to integrate with Business Intelligence Project with SQL 2005. The reports can be created as Business Intelligence project or simply through the report designer in Visual Studio to generate .rdlc reports.

Software FX staff have made different tests in Reporting Services 2008 and unfortunately, Chart FX for Reporting Services is not fully compatible for Microsoft Reporting Services 2008 for the time being.

We still don

post-5588-13922409623375_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

If you check the files, they haven't updated the product since 2007 - it works in 2008 Server (not in the BI studio though), but I found that subscriptions that export to PNG's don't work (sometimes the charts disappear in the report viewer too).

I'm trialling Dundas' product today.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I have the same information and I was so glad to see that Nevron have released their chart for Reporting Services for 2005 and 2008 editions. I have worked with them on couple of projects in the past and I am very pleased with the work of their team, I am sure that they have made the Nevron Chart for SSRS the right way (currently evaluating). As I know, they are also about to add gauge SSRS.