Software FX Community

Unattended Installation of PowerGadgets

Hi,

No, I am not looking to redistribute at all.  I frequently reinstall my computer and I need to have that install be automated.  I was looking for the unattended install command for PowerGadgets.  As a powershell tool, it is really surprising that the tool doesn't itself allow for an automated install.  :)  Can you suggest any work arounds?  Is there perhaps an MSI for the install?

Thanks,

Mark

Well, I can try to find the time to try documenting the install.   There's some tools out there that may be able to log the installation process, then by creating a simple zip package and a simple install script, I'd think one could reproduce the installation "quietly".

I'll take a look at it, but it could be 2 weeks...  Sorry, that's the best I can do... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It had been a few months since I had last installed PG.  I didn't remember about it getting a remote code to initialize the install.

I discussed my plans directly with the PowerGadgets team, and it appears this would go against their EULA (well maybe not their EULA, but it wasn't considered to be a best practice), and I would very much prefer to keep my good relationship with them.  Hence, I will not provide a complete script that would copy files at a low level, etc.

I could look into creating something that would automate all of the keystrokes required to get the product reinstalled.

Would that work for you?

I understand this auto-install option is available from them, but only for large volume license sales.  You may want to contact support AT powergadgets DOT com if you wish to discuss this directly with them.

Sorry for the delay, and what I have to provide you for the long wait...

Marco

Hi,

Don't worry about it.  I thought you worked for them and you too thought this was a good idea - don't most command line folks want a command line way to install?  I didn't think I was that unique in my request. :)  I can figure out a way to automate this using something like AutoIt.  It simply isn't as robust.

Thanks again!

Mark