Software FX Community

How to display backslash as YEN sign

wangzy

Hi,

On Japanese systems you will see that all references to the backslash will appear as a Yen sign.

If I open the files (Unicode format) edited on other language windows system like en-US and show the text on other controls, as textbox or label, the backslash appears as a Yen sign.

If using the same text to set the top title of the chart, I notice that the backslash is actually displayed as backslash instead of the Yen sign, even as the culture has been set to "ja-JP" as the following example code:

System.Globalization.CultureInfo myCulture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo("ja-JP")

chart1.Culture = myCulture;

ChartFX.dll:6.0.1262.25350

Does anyone have an solution?

Thanks,

Stone

First of all you have Chart FX 6.0 not 6.2. Please download the latest service pack.

We are unable to reproduce this issue using Chart FX 6.2, please provide a sample program that shows the issue :a textbox showing the right text and the chart showing the wrong text.

Hi, Frank

I tried, I replaced the dll 6.0 with the 6.2 Trial version. The issue is still on there. I upload the sample code and a screenshot (TestGraphLocalization.zip) to you. You can run this program on Japanese Windows OS or select proper language option (Control Panel-> Regional and Language Options-> Advanced-> Select a language to... -> Japanese). If pop up a message "The license has expired.", please change the chart dlls references. Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Stone