Software FX Community

silverlight 2.0 beta

duwke

Thank you for the sample, but it still doesn't work for me.

Your chart control is referencing an assembly that is distributed with 1.1. Could you rebuild your controls on a machine that does not depend on 1.1?  Or do I just need to install the 1.1 sdk?

C:\Projects\ChartFxTake2\SilverlightApplication1\SilverlightApplication1\obj\Debug\Page.g.vb(42) : error BC30007: Reference required to assembly 'agclr, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' containing the base class 'System.Windows.Controls.Control'. Add one to your project.

C:\Projects\ChartFxTake2\SilverlightApplication1\SilverlightApplication1\obj\Debug\Page.g.vb(57) : error BC30007: Reference required to assembly 'agclr, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' containing the base class 'System.Windows.Controls.Control'. Add one to your project.

XAxis.zip

The ChartFX.Silverlight.Client.dll and ChartFX.WebForms.Writer.Silverlight.dll provided in the sample are compiled against the 2.0 runtime of Silverlight 2.0 Beta 1.

The version that was previously provided in ChartFX 7 was compiled against the Silverlight 1.1 version. The new version is not officially out as we are finishing tests so we can release this with our new installers; however, I am attaching these two new .dlls for you to try. Make sure you place them in the bin folder of your ChartFX extension.

Furthermore, the sample I provided you was built using the Silverlight 2.0 Beta 1 SDK and Visual Studio 2008. My machine, where I created this sample, has a clean installation of the 2.0 runtime and SDK of Silverlight.

In regards to your issue, what exactly is the problem you are experiencing? Can you post a screenshot for further reference?

Load the project.  See compilation error:chartfxPageError.jpg

Copy the dlls you sent to the clientbin of silverlight project and bin of web project.  compilation error goes away.  Open page.xml in designer.  Get "loading" message - chartfxPageErrorLoading.JPG

Wait a while.. then get this error - chartfxPageErrorLoadingExc.JPG

Running the project just gives me a blank screen.