Software FX Community

Upgrade from 5.1

hallio

Hi all,

I've recently been asked to get a VB based project working under Vista.  One of the components used by the project is ChartFX.  Originally this was version 5.1 which I understand won't run on Vista.  So last week we upgraded to 6.2 as this is supported and I hoped it would have the least impact on my code.

However when I compile now I get a number of errors such as :

Error 62 'ChartStatus' is not a member of 'AxCfx62ClientServer.AxChart'

Error 65 'get_Title' is not a member of 'AxCfx62ClientServer.AxChart'.

Error 74 'RGBBk' is not a member of 'AxCfx62ClientServer.AxChart'

Error 76 'RGB3DBk' is not a member of 'AxCfx62ClientServer.AxChart'. 

and more.....

Is there an upgrade guide anywhere I can refer to about what has changed?  Or can anyone help with these specific errors?

Thanks,

Steve H

Hi

OK... Maybe I can be a bit more general. Is it expected that the upgrade from 5.1 to 6.2 breaks so much of my code? I have > 150 compilation errors at the moment. Admittedly several duplicates but very time consuming to go through!

I can't find any docs describing what has changed....

Steve

Doc.zip

The API for ChartFX ClientServer 6.2 was completely re-designed. Although we do not have an actual migration guide from version 5.1 to 6.2, I have created an article that shows how to use our ChartFX ClientServer 6.2 component within an MFC application. This article also has a zip file attached where you can download a compilation of C++ projects that can help you in migrating your existing application.

http://support.softwarefx.com/ShowArticle.aspx?Type=KB&Product=CfxCS62&Source=http://support.softwarefx.com/kb/190/1/011.htm

In the future, please post your question(s) under the correct forum. Thank you.

Thanks for this.

Please can you explain to me in what way was this the wrong forum? The only choices for 6.2 (that I can see) are Web Forms, Windows Forms & Extensions. This certainly isn't a web app nor related to Extensions!

I will look at this article ad see if helps. Thank you. As stated initially my app is a VB app but I have worked a lot with C++ & MFC too so will see what I can do.

Thanks for the reply.

Steve

I just noted that it was in the wrong forum since you reported this under ChartFX for .NET 6.2 and not under ChartFX ClientServer 6.2.

In addition, if you are developing a Visual Basic 6 application using our ClientServer component, please refer to the Samples and Resource Center (Documentation installed with the product) which shows numerous samples related to your programming environment.