Software FX Community

Filtering my Forms

jvwiv

Is there any way for me to have an empty row at the top of the form wherein my users can enter filter data?  From what I've seen in string fields, they have the option to select the value and filter based upon it, but can not simply enter the information into a filter field.  Many times my users are dealing with a large number of records.  Not having this feature definately limits their productivity. 

Thank you for your interest in Grid FX.

I would like to invite you to visit our Online Demo Web Site (http://demo.softwarefx.com/gridfx/) and try a specific sample showing how Grid FX works with a custom interactive filter. Select Custom Filter from the Choose Sample DropDownList and take a look. Let me know if this helps. I can send you the grid markup and code behind, we used to render this grid.

Regarding having an empty row or area where users can drag and drop columns headers to filter the grid, this is a new feature that we will be working on, to be available in the near future.