Software FX Community

LoadLibrary Failed

philjeary

When trying to register either of the ChartFX controls i'm getting the following errors:

loadlibrary("chartFX.ClientServer.data.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found.

loadlibrary("chartFX.ClientServer.core.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found.

Its a customer laptop so I have limited access to it and the customer is getting the hump.  Its a Windows 2000 laptop.  I have got their IT dept to log in as the administrator and try registering them to rule out security policy issues, however they got the same errors.

Could anyone advise as to what I can try to get my application working please?

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an article from Microsoft that talks about this issue with Windows 2000:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324673

In order to redistribute your application you will need to copy and register in the target machine all the dlls used by the chart in your project.

The ChartFX dlls are located in the following directory: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Software FX Shared

Basically, the ChartFX.ClientServer.Core.dll always needs to be included. Additionally, ChartFX.ClientServer.Data.dll, ChartFX.ClientServer.Annotation.dll and ChartFX.ClientServer.Borders.dll, need to be distributed if the functionalities provided by those libraries are also used in the chart (Special data providers, Annotations, Borders). Also gdiplus.dll needs to be added for machines with Win2000/98/95. WinXP machines and above do not need it.