Software FX Community

Program crashing

bounce

Hello,

I am having a problem with a Chart FX Lite chart seemingly crashing a VS 2005 C# program whenever it's drawn. When run, the main form very briefly appears, only to then disappear. VS reports

-> The program "xxxx" has exited with code -1073741819 (0xc0000005).

However, when I make the chart not visible, the program does not crash. Sure enough, setting the visibility back to true while the program is running will instantly crash it. I deleted the chart and added a small simple one with all the default settings. Still no luck, even though I do literally nothing to it. If I create a new project, even in the same solution, the chart appears to be fine. Anyone have any idea what's going on? I'm running out of time here.

Thanks

Jerry

I've narrowed it down to a problem with ChartFX and someone else's DLL (which we are locked into, at least for the moment). If I don't call the DLL init function before the graph is first painted, I can display the graph with no problem. The loading of the DLL appears to be messing with only the first paint of the graph. Unfortunately, that's the order I need to do things in.

I don't know if there's a problem with the other DLL, there's a problem with ChartFX, it's some strange incompatibility, or that good old standby, I'm doing something extremely stupid. Either way I'd just like to be able to move past this. I've included a very simple project that you can use to replicate the problem.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jerry