Software FX Community

Upgrade from trial to registered version

dgarygrady

I created an app with the trial version and was happy enough that I've now paid for the full, registered product, which I then downloaded and installed. However, the existing app, even after recompiling, still says the "Built Using ChartFX Trial." You'd think there's be an explanation somewhere of how to upgrade from the trial version to the paid version, but not that I can find. Thanks in advance for any help.

The message "Built using ChartFX Trial" is part of the license that should have been overwritten when you installed the full version. Please send a message to support at software fx dot com as we have an internal tool we use to troubleshoot this kind of licensing errors.

Also, please let us know the development tool you are using to compile your app as different tools may have different ways to refresh the information for licensed components.

JuanC

In fact, I have already contacted SoftwareFX support about this and another question about what should be a routine matter, providing technical details about development tools, etc. (which I should have done on this forum as well, mea culpa), but the result has so far not been helpful. ChartFX appears to be an excellent product, but its documentation leaves a great deal to be desired.

It would be helpful if you specify which areas of the documentation you think are weak. We strive to improve our products constantly and we believe that our documentation is second to none, whoever we realize that improvements can always be made, User feedback is extremely important to us, however without specific details we can not use it to improve our products.

Archived