Software FX Community

Is "value" a reserved word when using Client 6.2 in MSAccess application?

cpopolo

Hi, new here, but past experience with ChartFX...  I'm trying to make it work in an MSAccess application, I see the objects fine, everything compiles clean, but then when I go to load the Values for the scatter plot I am getting the MSAcess error message "The setting you entered isn't valid for this property".

Code is below.  "Value" is the default property for most MSAccess objects, I wonder if this is why I get an error on the line shown line below (noted with >>> in the left margin).  Does the order of my DLLs make a difference?  The recordset rs contains strictly single precision numerics, is there a strong type requirement I'm missing?  The ochart object is on a form in design time, it's not instantiated at runtime...

Thanks in advance...

Me.ochart.Gallery = Gallery_Scatter   Me.ochart.OpenData COD_Values, 1, nPoints   Me.ochart.OpenData COD_XValues, 1, nPoints   Me.ochart.DataSourceSettings.DataType.Item(0) = DataType_Value   Me.ochart.DataSourceSettings.DataType.Item(1) = DataType_XValue     While Not rs.EOF   i = i + 1   Me.ochart.xvalue(0, i) = rs.Fields(1)>>>  Me.ochart.Value(0, i) = rs.Fields(2)   rs.MoveNext   Wend     Me.ochart.CloseData (COD_Values)   Me.ochart.CloseData (COD_XValues)

Archived