Software FX Community

Invalid Chartfx Gauges License message

efrainf

Hi:

I just installed the trial version of Chartfx gauges on my desktop. I am currently running VisualStudio 2003 with the latest chartfx version (6.2). The trial version setup of ChartFX Gauges recommended me to upgrade the current chartfx version on my pc (which I did). After that, I was able to install the product.

I went over to look at the samples, I noticed that every graphic displays the following message

Invalid ChartFX Gauges License(0x00100000) Please contact SoftwareFX Inc. for support

I did reboot the system to see if the problem would be fixed, but the problem still remains.

I'll appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks a lot. I reinstalled and it solved the licensing problem

The problem that I am having now is that I can not drop any gauge objects in the designer. The other ChartFX objects work fine.

The horizontal and vertical gauge appear on the toolbox but I can not place them on the designer surface.

What else could I look into to solve this problem?

Thanks again....

> The problem that I am having now is that I can not drop any gauge objects in the designer. The other ChartFX objects work fine.

1) What happens when you try to place them in the design surface? You get an error? What error?

2) Is this a WinForms or WebForms application?

My apologies for not being more specific.

I am working on a webform in Visual Studio 2003. I am not able to drag and drop the gauge component into the designer. I don't get any type of error by Visual Studio.

The Regular chart fx component works perfectly when it is dropped into the designer surface....but something is wrong with the Gauges (trial)

Thanks again for all your help!!!

1) Apply the latest Chart FX Service Pack

2) Are you dropping the right components? WinForms components can only be dropped in WinForms apps and Web Forms components in Web Forms apps. Are they grayed out?

I have never see this situation before so I don't know what's happening. The fact that you don't get any error messages doesn't help either.

Please attach a screen shot of your design surface indicating what you are trying to drag. Hover over the ToolBox icon before taking the screen shot to get the tooltip that indicates the class and assembly corresponding to the icon.

Thanks for the help.

I just attached a screenshot of the Visual Studio 2003 designer showing the ChartFX icons that appear in the toolbox. I noticed that Gauges icons do not say Web Forms at their side like the regular chartfx icon. Could the the problem of why I can not drop the items into the designer?

Should I need to uninstall and reinstall the Gauges setup program.

Thanks

Efrain Flores

When you drop the control in the form, does a reference gets added to your project? If yes, please post which references are added and the version of each one. If not, go to the ToolBox, right-click and select "Chose Components", look for Chart FX Gauges and paste the screenshot of that window where it says the version and the file location.

Archived