Software FX Community

Invalid License 03000000

Chris2020

Hi,Currently we're having a application which is making use of ChartFX 6.2 .net components.When we start up the application it's displaying error "Invalid ChartFX license 03000000".The same application works will work on some other machines.Is there anyone who could provide me with details regarding to error 03000000 as I haven't been able tofind it.

Thanks,Chris

post-2331-13922400386357_thumb.jpg

1) Does this happen all the time in these computers?

2) Do the computer in which it DOES work, have Chart FX installed?

3) Are you putting the charts in your forms at design time or at run-time?

4) Are you creating the chart from a DLL assembly as opposed to an EXE?

1) Does this happen all the time in these computers?

2) Do the computer in which it DOES work, have Chart FX installed?

3) Are you putting the charts in your forms at design time or at run-time?

4) Are you creating the chart from a DLL assembly as opposed to an EXE?

1) Yes, this is consistent on the non working computers.

2) No. The installation is the same as on the non working computers.

3) Not too sure as it's an of the shelf product which makes use of chart FX .net  dlls

4) The chart is indeed created from DLL assemblies as it required the base dll and the chartfx.dll.

Could you maybe give me some indication of what 03000000 error means? Security? Missing file?

Thanks,

Chris

When you say: "it's an of the shelf product" do you mean that you are using some third party component that uses Chart FX but you are not using it directly. If this is the case, unless they have a special license of Chart FX (you need to check with the creators of this third party product) you need to have one and you need to include it inside your EXE. The following KB articles have some good information about this:

Q6101008. Using Chart FX for .NET Windows Forms control from a DLL

URL: http://support.softwarefx.com/ShowArticle.aspx?Type=KB&Product=CfxNet70&Source=http://support.softwarefx.com/kb/610/1/008.htm#?_r=1

Q6101001. How to deploy a WinForms Application when it contains a wrapper object using Chart FX for .NET

URL: http://support.softwarefx.com/Article.aspx?KBID=6101001&Product=CfxNet70&Embed=0&_r=1

Q6101010. How to manually add a Chart FX license to an executable

URL: http://support.softwarefx.com/Article.aspx?KBID=6101010&Product=CfxNet70&Embed=0&_r=1

To trace this license issue, I've ask the vendor to provide me a simple test application which just show the chart on a form. So the license information is included in the test Executable.They've also let me know that the Chart is being added to the form at design time. 

> They've also let me know that the Chart is being added to the form at design time.

In this case this is irrelevant. Please check the above mentioned KB articles, you are in the situation of using Chart FX within a Wrapper DLL. You need to include the Chart FX license within YOUR EXE in order for it to work. 

There are only 3 files.

ChartFxTestHarness.exe

chartfx.dll

chartfx.base.dll

The 2 dlls are from chartfx only the executable is not from chartfx. This EXE does include the chartfx license information as it's working on several computers (where no chartfx has been installed before) without showing error 03000000.

I am abit loss of what else to look for. Not sure whether the license information will be saved in the registry? Maybe there is something missing.

We need to see the code. Please contact the vendor and tell them to get it touch with us.

Are you using Chart FX or are just using an application hat somebody else built that uses Chart FX. I'm kind of confused here.

This forum is for Chart FX users, in order to be able to help you we need the details on how Chart FX was integrated into the app. only the developer of the app can provide us with the information we need.

Archived