Software FX Community

How to integrate ChartFX in VS2003.net

binqing

Our Agency purchased ChartFX product (ChartFX Client Server 5.1.0) before I joined this agency, now we are developing a window form application with C# and want to integrate the ChartFX into this application. After browsing the SoftwareFX web site for how to integrate the ChartFX into the .net environment, I found an article (http://support.softwarefx.com/OnlineDoc/CfxNet62/PG/WindowsForms.htm) saying that we need to add "ChartFX.dll" to the reference. But I searched the whole machine and did not find such dll. CFXDATAlib, ChartfxLib, SfxBar, SFXCROSSTABLib, SFXXMLDATALib are all the SoftwareFX-related dll I have in my mchine. I also noticed SoftwareFX staff Frank's answer to the post by jtao0913. So does that imply that ChartFX.dll only exist in SoftwareFX's .net product but not in COM products like ChartFX Client Server 5.1.0. Is there an alternate to develop ChartFX fucntion by using C# and ChartFX Client Server 5.1.0? It would be so much appreciated if any one can give a prompt reply.

post-2886-13922400362765_thumb.jpg

This article is talking about Chart FX for .NET, which is a different product (CfxNet62 in the url).

We have not tested Chart FX 5.x in .NET, newer versions of Chart FX (6.0, 6.2 and 7.0) are designed and tested to work within the .NET framework. The ,NET framework, however supports access to any COM object through the use of interop.

ChartFXAjax.zip

Archived