Software FX Community

Sample program error, PassingData

vhb

Just installed your eval and am trying to run the passingdata example. Get the following error:

Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Unspecified errorSource Error:

Line 37:         chart1.DataType(1) = DataType.ValueLine 38:         chart1.DataType(2) = DataType.ValueLine 40:         With chart1Line 41:             .DataSource = ds.Tables(0)

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

tks,

vhb

I was running some tests locally with the sample apps and was not able to replicate the issue. Which verison of Visual Studio are you using? If you are working with VS2005, are you running on IIS or with the built in web-server?

Please make sure that the data folder that contains the .mdb file is at the same level as the VB.Net folder that contains the actual pages:

/Data/VB.Net/passingdata.aspx

I am running VS2003 with IIS. In modifying the data access to fit my needs this problem went away.

I am now runnning into the following error on just about every other compile. One time it will work the next I get this error. Not sure what to do about this one...

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC31011: Unable to load referenced library 'c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\temporary asp.net files\vssweb\de07d0e9\3f9a5567\assembly\dl2\c128e920\001158fd_da7bc301\chartfx.lite.internet.dll': Access is denied.Thanks for your help.

vhb

• 2 weeks later...

Archived