Software FX Community
Sign in to follow this  
nguyentuyen

Error message "A referral was returned from server"

nguyentuyen    0

Dear support team,

I met a problem when install ChartFX7 on windows Server 2008 R2 standard. It throw an error message "A referral was returned  from server" after I double click on setup file.

Please help me resolve this problem

image.png.2de6fa7b7e7a4035b4b34769a9deec8f.png

Thanks!

IGSFX    0

This error seems to be returned directly by your operating system. Please check you are executing this as an administrator or equivalent.

You can also try running it from the command prompt using the /N parameter, as in ChartFX7WebForms.exe /N. I'm not sure if it will make any difference, but you can try.

nguyentuyen    0

Dear IGSFX,

I have just tried run it in command prompt as an administrator with  /N parameter. But it still throw this error message.

Do you have any more idea?

Thanks

IGSFX    0

Unfortunately, we have never seen this error, and our code does not contain the error message you show above, so it's very likely this error is due to a problem with your server or permissions.

If you Google "A referral was returned from the server", you will see that this is an issue that some people have had with other executables, and it's usually related with elevation and permissions issues. This problem is not related to Chart FX.