Software FX Community

Pint labels unreadable on Gantt

beltrams

Dear Forum,

I have the followong settings for a Gantt chart:

Anchor="Center"

HorizontalAlignment="Center"

VerticalAlignment="Center" 

As result I have the attached screenshot.

As you can see, labels for small Gantt bars are cutted, they should be 8, 16 and 46 but you cannot read it.

I have tried setting the offset but I doesnt work, does it work with Gantt? Anything I can do?

Unfortunately, if the labels are centered inside the bars, labels for small bars will be cutoff, a possibility would be to change the labels Anchor to Value and the HorizontalAlignment to Right. This will draw the labels to the right of each bars.

We will consider adding a property to change the Anchor/HorizontalAlignment automatically when the labels do not fit. 

JuanC

Hi JuanC,

I have found an hack that, at least for me, works:

I attach the following attached property to the textbox I use as template for the PointLabeAttribute:

public static class DataLabelPositionFixForGantt   {   /// <summary>   /// Gets the attached dependency property used to apply the overridden position   /// </summary>   public static readonly DependencyProperty ChartTypeProperty =   DependencyProperty.RegisterAttached(   "ChartType",   typeof(string),   typeof(DataLabelPositionFixForGantt),   new UIPropertyMetadata(string.Empty, OnChartTypePropertyChanged)   );

/// <summary>   /// Gets the attached dependency property value used to apply overridden position   /// </summary>   public static string GetChartType(DependencyObject obj)   {   Contract.Requires(obj != null);

var obj_tmp = obj.GetValue(ChartTypeProperty);   if (obj_tmp == null)   throw new InvalidOperationException("Dependency object value must not be null");

return (string)obj_tmp;   }

/// <summary>   /// Sets the attached dependency property value used to apply red condition   /// </summary>   public static void SetChartType(DependencyObject obj, string value)   {   Contract.Requires(obj != null);

obj.SetValue(ChartTypeProperty, value);   }

static void OnChartTypePropertyChanged(DependencyObject dpo, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)   {   if (dpo == null)   return;

TextBlock el = dpo as TextBlock;

if (el == null)   throw new InvalidCastException("Object of type \"TextBlock\" expected");

if (args.NewValue is string == false)   return;

if ((string)args.NewValue == WidgetTypes.Gantt.Code)   {   var cont = el.FindVisualParent<ContentPresenter>();

if (cont == null)   throw new InvalidCastException("Object of type \"ContentPresenter\" expected");

var pn = new PropertyChangeNotifier(cont, Canvas.LeftProperty);   pn.ValueChanged += OnCanvasLeftChanged;

cont.Loaded += OnLoaded;   }   else   {   var cont = el.FindVisualParent<ContentPresenter>();

if (cont == null)   throw new InvalidCastException("Object of type \"ContentPresenter\" expected");

var pn = new PropertyChangeNotifier(cont, Canvas.LeftProperty);   pn.ValueChanged -= OnCanvasLeftChanged;

cont.Loaded -= OnLoaded;   }   }

static void OnCanvasLeftChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)   {   PropertyChangeNotifier notifier = sender as PropertyChangeNotifier;

if (notifier == null)   throw new InvalidCastException("Object of type \"PropertyChangeNotifier\" expected");

UIElement el = notifier.PropertySource as UIElement;

if (el == null)   throw new InvalidCastException("Object of type \"UIElement\" expected");

if (Canvas.GetLeft(el) < 9)   Canvas.SetLeft(el, 9);   }

static void OnLoaded(object sender, EventArgs e)   {   UIElement el = sender as UIElement;     if (el == null)   throw new InvalidCastException("Object of type \"UIElement\" expected");

if (Canvas.GetLeft(el) < 9)   Canvas.SetLeft(el, 9);   }   }}

I hope this will help others in the future.

Cheers!