Software FX Community

Is it possible to get a Point ToolTip on a Line Series with no Marker?

dksimon

Hi Daniel

My apologies since this solution is for Chart FX 7  For WPF product, I am currently working on this matter.  In the meantime, please create an new incident to support[at]softwarefx[dot]com.

Please include your product serial number and a reference to the current post. 

-- Pipon

Daniel,

If you want to hide the markers (which I suspect you are already doing) you would need the following code

chart1.AllSeries.Marker.Visibility =

Visibility.Collapsed;

Our default behavior is to show "point" tooltip only when hovering over the marker in a line chart, when you hover over the line we show a tooltip that contains both points, if you want to modify this behavior you could write

chart1.AllSeries.ToolTips.ConnectedStyle = TooltipConnectedStyle.Closest;

Unfortunately there is a bug in the current builds that will prevent this from working, we should fix this issue in the our next hotfix.

JuanC

Although, just to be clear, I should say that ideally I'd like to be able to:

• Show Point ToolTips over points 
  • Show Connected ToolTips over lines
  • Have no visible Markers
  • Have a working Legend

The solution you described seems to address 1, 3, and 4, but not 2.  I'm currently able to get 1, 2, and 3, but not 4.

Any chance there's a solution that allows all four?

Thanks again,

Daniel

- We have fixed the issue related to ToolTipConnectedStyle.Closest, if you select this approach you will get 1, 3 and 4 but not 2 as you pointed out.

- We have also added code to consider Marker.Opacity = 0 in the same way as Marker.Visibility = Visibility.Collapsed from the legend box point of view, which means that you will get all 4. Note that when you set Marker.Opacity to 0 we are still "rendering" a bunch of invisible markers, also note that by default the size of such markers depend on the spacing between the points.

These fixes are supported in build 3712 or later (available now as a hotfix)

JuanC