Software FX Community

"Powershell has stopped working" in Windows 7

TRasmussen

I am migrating my dashboards from a Windows XP environment to Windows 7 and I have several gadgets that no longer work properly. I don't get a lot of help from the Windows error handling. The error message simply reads, "powershell has stopped working", windows is checking for a solution message box appears (with its progress-bar) and eventually I get the message box that tells me "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." The only option button I have is "Close program".

I get this with two different types of Powergadgets (which all worked perfectly in Windows XP - I don't know about Vista). Both of which are using pipeline objects for some type of programmatically set value such as size or condition. The first type of gadget I discovered this problem with was the out-gauge and the other occurs in out-charts that try to use the pipeline object for conditional attributes. I'm not sure which of the two to share here, so I guess I'll start with the conditional attributes example, since I've seen this documented frequently in SoftwareFX blogs.

I get this error when I pipe results from an import-csv to the out-chart cmdlet as follows:

# lcd1ToddTest.ps1

$condition = {

if (([double] $_.overunder_pct) -le -20) {

0;

} else {

if (([double] $_.overunder_pct) -le -10) {

1;

} else {

if (([double] $_.overunder_pct) -le 0) {

2;

} else {

3;