Software FX Community

Annotations?

rubyrubin

I am experimenting with the demo of ChartFX for Java Server.  I've seen a couple of blurbs about annotations and wanted to see its capabilities. Unfortunately, I cannot find the extension.  Where can I find it?  Thanks!

- Aaron

p.s. I was mostly interested in the annotations the  user can put on the chart and wanted to be able to save them (if possible).

Annotation should be available within the chartfx.annotation.jar

You can find this jar a the Web-INF/Lib folder at your samples.

For code snippets, please refer to this links:

http://support.softwarefx.com/OnlineDoc/CfxJava65//

http://support.softwarefx.com/OnlineDoc/CfxJava65//guide/includingannotationextension.htm

You can also check the samples that came with the Chart FX.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

I found it.  It actually resides in com.softwarefx.chartfx.server.annotation. 

The code  snippet in the programmer's guide shows the following (and many more lines of code after it):

Annotation.Annotations annots;
annots = new Annotation.Annotations();

I changed the upper cases to lower cases as follows:

annotation.Annotations annots;
annots = new annotation.Annotations(); 

Ok, On Chart FX 7, annotations comes as part of the com.softwarefx.chartfx.server namespace included in the ChartFX70.Server.jar file.

In the Chart FX 7 samples you can find more samples like this one.

Please look at this code sample:

<%@page import="com.softwarefx.chartfx.server.*"%><%--   Document : polygon   Created on : Mar 19, 2008, 12:00:20 PM   Author : Administrator--%><%@page contentType="text/html" pageEncoding="UTF-8"%><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"><html>   <head>   <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">   <title>Annotation: Polygon</title>   </head>   <body>   <%   ChartServer chart1 = new ChartServer(application,request,response);chart1.importChart(FileFormat.XML, application.getRealPath("/") + "/data/samples.cfx");com.softwarefx.chartfx.server.annotation.Annotations annot = new com.softwarefx.chartfx.server.annotation.Annotations();   chart1.getExtensions().add(annot);     com.softwarefx.chartfx.server.annotation.AnnotationPolygon poly = new com.softwarefx.chartfx.server.annotation.AnnotationPolygon();     annot.getList().add(poly);   java.awt.Point[] p = new java.awt.Point[4];   p[0] = new java.awt.Point(250,50);   p[1] = new java.awt.Point(320,150);   p[2] = new java.awt.Point(300,250);   p[3] = new java.awt.Point(200,100);   poly.setColor(java.awt.Color.red);poly.setVertices(p);poly.setClosed(true);   chart1.setWidth(600);   chart1.setHeight(400);   chart1.renderControl();     %>   </body></html> 

Are there any examples allowing the user to modify or edit (or even show the toolbar)?  I can't seem to get it to work (the below code doesn't allow the user to show the toolbar or modify the text annotation):

annotation.Annotations annots;    annots = new annotation.Annotations();    chart1.getExtensions().add(annots);    annotation.AnnotationText text;    text = new annotation.AnnotationText();    text.setText("This is an Annotation Text2");    text.setTop(120);    text.setLeft(100);    text.setAllowModify(true);    annots.getList().add(((annotation.AnnotationObject)text));    annots.setEnableUI(true); annots.getToolBar();