Software FX Community

Chartfx License

Shin

Hi,

We are using Chartfx for Java 6.5 for one of our applications. For now we have the chartfx license in the WEB-INF folder of our application folder. We are planning to move the license out of the application folder. We use Tomcat as our application server.

I was reading the documentation from the following URL, which mentions a way to keep the lic file and the config file in any other folder outside the application.

http://support.softwarefx.com/OnlineDoc/CfxJava65//guide/java_install_activation.htm<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

1)   I tried removing both the files from web-inf and placed it in one of the server folders. I called the SetConfig method in the file and specified the path where the lic and config files are placed but nothing worked.

It gave me license error.

2)   We are using Tomcat application server. So I placed the chartfx license and config file in the Tomcat lib. It still gave me the same license error

3)   Third I tried moving all the chartfx jars that we use from the application lib folder to Tomcat lib folder. This time I got rid of the license error, but I got compilation error. Do we have to change something so that the application knows if the jars and lic files are not in the application folder it can be referenced from the tomcat lib folder or any other path?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have already emailed my query on Support@SoftwareFX.com but I was told that our support account numberdoes not exist and was given with a link to purchase support account.

I am not sure where to refer the documents, because the solution mentioned in link (http://support.softwarefx.com/OnlineDoc/CfxJava65//guide/java_install_activation.htm) did not work for me.

Thanks.

• 6 years later...