Software FX Community

Chart Cannot Display in Windows 7 OS

c2hwa

Hi,

I'm new for ChartFX. Currently I' m doing a testing on windows 7 but I faced a problem which the chart created by ChartFX 5.5 does not appear. However, the ChartFX for .NET worked fine. Do .NET framework is an issue to concern ? Can anyone suggest me what is the problem, and how to fixed it ?

Thanks.

Regards,

David Choo

Will it run on Windows 7 if you use XP mode?

Hi,

How to make it run is XP mode in Windows 7? You mean right click IE then change to XP under compatibility mode? I cannot change it because the compatibility mode was disable.

Thanks,

Regards,

David Choo

Hi,

Now I found out it is not compatibility problem, it actually due to Internet Explorer was unable to download/install the ChartFX ActiveX component.

I found a article said like below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Internet Explorer shows a picture with a red X in place of the chart

Description:

Internet Explorer was unable to download/install the ChartFX ActiveX component

Resolution:

- Check that a file named CfxIEAx.cab is located in the webserver at either the (WWWRoot\Download) folder for ChartFX IE 2000 users or (C:\Program Files\CfxIE\Download) for ChartFX Internet 5.5 users.

- Check that the NT file permissions on this folder (Download) allows Read access to the user impersonated by IIS (typically IUSR_MachineName)

- Check in your web server configuration that you have a virtual directory called Download pointing to the either (WWWRoot\Download) or (C:\Program Files\CfxIE\Download). If you are hosting multiple web sites please make sure that you create the "Download" virtual directory for each web site that will use ChartFX

- Check that the end user has read and write permissions to C:/Program Files/Common Files/ since this is where ChartFX saves it's client side control.

- Check that the security settings for Internet Explorer allow install or prompt access to signed ActiveX controls.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had try to check as what the article said, everything was fullfilled, but my chart still show a red X and the component not installed in client pc. Please help me on this ASAP. Thanks.

• 3 years later...

The issue is the UAC (User Account Control) is keeping you from installing into C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Software FX Shared. The folder is created, the first dll is created there, then the installer gets an access denied error.

You must temporarily disable the UAC. Start the Control Panel - Then Click on System and Security. Then in the Action Center click on Change User Account Control settings. On the window the pops up, slide the gauge to the bottom to never notify apply the change, reboot the machine.

Now the control will install. Once installed, set your UAC back to it's original setting.